We all know how important it is to stay hydrated. If you’re a busy person with a mission to drink more water, you might be thinking about how you can fit this into your day.
Thankfully, there are hydration products out there that can make your life so much easier. These sachets level up your water by adding essential micronutrients and, if you need the boost, caffeine.
You’ve probably heard of Liquid IV, but it’s worth considering Hydrant too. In this article, we’re going to cover the similarities and differences to help you decide as to which is best to help you reach your goals.
Liquid IV focuses on Cellular Transport Technology® to deliver hydration to your bloodstream faster than water alone. It also claims that one stick poured into 16oz of water can provide the same hydration as 2-3 bottles of water.
On top of this, each stick contains:
- Vitamins B3, B5, B6, B12, and Vitamin C
- 3x the electrolytes of sports drinks
All of these are not only designed to hydrate you but give you energy too.
Hydrant has a similar approach but is much more explicit about the science of how it works. Just like Liquid IV, it also boasts a higher electrolyte count than sports drinks. In each standard Hydrant stick you’ll find:
- Up to 3x the electrolytes of traditional sports drinks
It also boasts low osmolality, which essentially just means it makes water absorption into the body faster. It’s proudly non-GMO, gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, and made in the USA.
Both Liquid IV and Hydrant offer caffeinated products.
Liquid IV’s Energy Multiplier contains approximately 100mg of natural caffeine, comparable to 1-2 cups of coffee.
Hydrant takes things a step further with its Caffeinated Hydration Mix, which contains approximately 100mg of natural caffeine — just like Liquid IV — but it also contains 200mg of L-Theanine for an extra focused boost, plus all the micronutrients found in the standard product.
Liquid IV has three flavors available for the Hydration Multiplier:
- Passion Fruit
- Acai Berry
- Lemon Lime
One for the Energy Multiplier:
- Lemon Ginger
And one for its nighttime Sleep Multiplier:
- Blueberry Lavender
Hydrant, on the other hand, has six flavors for its standard product:
And three for its caffeinated product:
You get a much wider choice of flavors with Hydrant, which is excellent news if you’re fussy or just like a little variety in your life.
They also offer an option to purchase a “variety pack,” which provides a good starting point to pick your favorite.
Hydrant also doesn’t use Stevia or artificial sweeteners – unlike Liquid IV. This means the flavor you choose will taste just as you expect with no strange aftertaste.
Both Liquid IV and Hydrant offer single purchase and subscription options.
- One-time purchase – 16 single-use sticks for $24.47 ($1.53 per stick)
- Subscribe – 32 single-use sticks each month for $40 per month ($1.25 per stick)
- One-time purchase – 14 single-use sticks for $24.99 ($1.78 per stick)
- Subscribe – 28 single-use sticks each month for $43.99 per month ($1.57 per stick)
- One-time purchase – 10 single-use sticks for $23.99 ($2.40 per stick)
- Subscribe – 20 single-use sticks each month for $39.98 per month ($2.00 per stick)
- One-time purchase – 30 single-use sticks for $37.49 ($1.25 per stick)
- Subscribe – 30 single-use sticks each month for $29.99 per month ($0.99 per stick)
- One-time purchase – 30 single-use sticks for $43.75 ($1.46 per stick)
- Subscribe – 30 single-use sticks each month for $35 per month ($1.17 per stick)
Even with a one-time purchase, Hydrant comes out much more affordable than Liquid IV, but a monthly subscription means you could get your day’s hydration needs for under $1.
So which one should you choose?
Both products will help you get hydrated, whether you’re looking for a caffeine boost or not. While Liquid IV has the extra sleep product, Hydrant comes out on top for its ingredients, packaging, flavor options, and costs. The fact that the science is clearer on its website is significant, and each product lists in detail what’s in it — so you know exactly what you’re putting in your body.
If you’re looking for rapid hydration, Hydrant would be our pick.